Proxmox Mail Gateway under attack, sending emails wildly out with foreign domains

Hugo Almeida

Jul 15, 2019
Good Morning,

I am experiencing some kind of attack on my Proxmox Mail Gateway, an internal email account of mine is wildly sending emails with strange domains and I can't identify what it is.

It seems to me it's like a robot that makes this kind of attack, it affected two of my email accounts.

Please if anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful.

Close these two email account on your email server.

Pls show log...
Is the email send out from your email server?
Could it be the email account being hack with weak password?

Already disabled as accounts on my mail server, I ended all sessions and instructed users to change a password, requiring a certain level of complexity.

Thank you for your attention.

Maybe it is virus on some computer sending directly through PMG. Check "trusted network" setting, and put there only your mail server ip with /32 mask.

Reactions: hata_ph

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!