change server question.

haiwan

Apr 23, 2019
Hi
.we want use new server replace old server.
plan is
disk no change , just change server.
1 shutdown all node
2 remove disk from old server to new server.
this plan have ok?

Hey!

Keep in mind that the hardware settings may differ on different servers.
  1. For instance, your CPU type needs to match the system and so are the flags if any are set. I think it should be of type kvm64 or host for CPU, but if it's different - i'd look into changing the settings prior to migration. Regarding the flags - they may differ for various generations.
  2. Another thing to pay attention to is storage and network configuration. The IP may differ and the storage
  3. As for the OS itself - i'd be especially careful to make sure the microcode is up to date on the new server and i'd make sure the CPU manufacturer stays the same (e.g. old server AMD -> new server AMD).
Since you're probably using this in a production environment, i'd rather go with "better safe than sorry" approach and start clean.

sorry.
we forget write
we plan cpu and memory together remove to new server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!