Locking down Proxmox Interface

sahostking

Renowned Member
I would like to lock down SSH and PRoxmox interface (port 8006) using the PVE Firewall.

Anyone have exact steps to follow as I dont want to lock myself out as this particular server is not in the office but in DC and too lazy to take a drive through if anything goes awry :)

That is the purpose of the 'management' ipset, under Datacenter > Firewall > IPSet

Anyone have exact steps to follow

Untested (as I don't have a new cluster without a firewall to do so) , but should be: go to Datacenter > Firewall > IPSet, click the 'Create' button and add a set called 'management', and add your ip addr(s) to it. Then make sure the firewall is enabled, with an Input Policy of DROP.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!