Rules with object/quarantine and whitelist

fab909

Sep 5, 2018
Hello

I created "What Object" who block mails who have field contains "newsletter@" and make following action :
- quarantine
- Modify spam subject
-> OK it works!

But if user whitelist a mail blocked with this rule, the whitelist doesn't work (I tested with differente priority + and -)

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
I carry on my research.
I tested to create objet for modify SPAM-LEVEL-SCORE

So I create new object:
TITLE: Set SPAM LEVEL 5
TYPE: HEADER ATTRIBUT
FIELD : X-SPAM-LEVEL
VALUE : 5 (also test with: Spam detection results: 5)

And in my rule action (block sender) > action object > Set SPAM LEVEL 5
But the spam level is the same

Mail header:
X-SPAM-LEVEL: Spam detection results: 0

I created "What Object" who block mails who have field contains "newsletter@" and make following action :
That should be a rule and not a what object?

* could you post some (anonymized) loglines of such mails (/var/log/mail.log)?

But if user whitelist a mail blocked with this rule, the whitelist doesn't work (I tested with differente priority + and -)
* The user white/black list basically are there to prevent mails from getting into the spam-quarantine, but rather get directly delivered to the users
* This is in contrast to the Admin or Global white/black list which can be used in the rule system to let mail get delivered directly or blocked without taking into consideration the spamscore

the question is : Can we set spam score with an object action ?
* This is not possible directly - since the spamscore is determined via SpamAssassin.
* You could create a custom spamassassin configuration to add a spamscore to a certain mail ( see the admin guide https://www.proxmox.com/images/download/pmg/docs/pmg-admin-guide.pdf - section 4.8)
* Additionally since PMG-5.2 you have the possibility to create a custom check script which has access to the mail and can set a spam-score (admin guide section 4.9)

Hope this helps!

Hello

I try to add custom rule, exemple :
add file : /etc/mail/spamassassin/custom.cf

Code:
mimeheader MIME_FAIL   Content-Type =~ /\.(ade|adp|bat|chm|cmd|com|cpl|exe|hta|ins|isp|jse|lib|lnk|mde|msc|msp|mst|pif|scr|sct|shb|sys|vb|vbe|vbs|vxd|wsc|wsf|wsh|reg)\b/i
describe   MIME_FAIL   Blacklisted file extension detected
score      MIME_FAIL   5

SSH (no error):
Code:
spamassassin --lint

Test send mail with file toto.vxd

But the mail received haven't the 5 score

Code:
X-SPAM-LEVEL: Spam detection results:  0

I forgot to do something ?

Hi,

i'm using also the custom.cf for own rules and i didn't include them in local.cf.
I search around here and you have to restart the pmg-smtp-filter service to refresh the rules:
Code:
systemctl restart pmg-smtp-filter

or restart the service over the GUI: Administration -> Services

Greetz

Hi,

i'm using also the custom.cf for own rules and i didn't include them in local.cf.
I search around here and you have to restart the pmg-smtp-filter service to refresh the rules:
Code:
systemctl restart pmg-smtp-filter

or restart the service over the GUI: Administration -> Services

Greetz

Yes! you are right!
I remove my include and using "systemctl restart pmg-smtp-filter" it works!

I am searching a regex for changing score of a mail which would contain prefix 'newsletter@' would you have the syntax of rule for that ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!