Windows transfers

spayk

May 6, 2019
Hello,
I have noticed that after transfering files from one physical Pc with windows to virtual machine with windows via RDP connection the machine hangs and is losing connection (the virtual one) also uploading or downloading something via browser is having troubles and loses the connection :(
Also the problem is with mounted hard drives which disconnects as it pleases - even during normal backups or copying files. What may I do wrong or what am I missing?
Thanks.

Am a fellow noob here but best guess going on details provided is that you don't have a dedicated management vlan setup and manager and data traffic are cramming the pipes? Can't say I have needed to look into this just yet because I have yet to try sending large files over the same vlan, will be interested to find out if you resolve this issue and if so how. Best of luck, hope this was better than getting ignored, I suspect the prox dev team can only really assist on here if you have a support acc, so likes of us are reliant on the kindness of other amateur users.

Hey!

I had this issue ;) It's not actually hanging, but freezes for a veeeery long time. I suggest you do the following (5 different drivers, don't skip):
Having these 5 drivers should prevent the poor performance you are getting. Another thing you might want to look into is how your HW RAID controller works. It may be the case that during copying the controller's cache is filled and it creates delay when data is pushed onto the drives.

Hope it helps. Let us know if the drivers change your situation. Feel free to contact me, if you need more help with these.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!