TASK ERROR: Failed to run vncproxy.

Thanks to some folks in the IRC channel, I finally fixed this (at least partially: the remote Web console works again) by doing the following on the node whose Web page I'm connected to:
Code:
ssh -o HostKeyAlias=IPv4.address.of.other.node IPv4.address.of.other.node
ssh -o HostKeyAlias=IPv6.address.of.other.node IPv6.address.of.other.node
ssh -o HostKeyAlias=HostnameOfOtherNode HostnameOfOtherNode
For each one, delete the entry in /root/.ssh/known_hosts it complains about

Glad it worked but this was mentioned in my Post #12:

Code:
rm ~/.ssh/*

I even say:
Believe it or not, starting with a clean slate again...

Did you try: "starting with a clean slate" as I discussed and then executing:

Code:
pvecm updatecerts
?

Did you try: "starting with a clean slate"
No, I guess I glossed over your reply thinking there were still problems mentioned at the end of it. Plus, I was hesitant to remove everything afraid it will mess something else up, since I don't know everything 'pvecm updatecerts' does. I will try your "clean slate" steps next time though, since it appears that command re-creates exactly what your steps delete. Thank you for the reply!

can you ssh without any password as root from Proxmox1 to Proxmox2 (and the other direction)?
PVE relies on ssh-public-key auth for some of its operations (including the vncproxy).

In any case you can try running `pvecm updatecerts` and see if this helps.
This solution worked for me! I did this on all new nodes. Woo hoo.

can you ssh without any password as root from Proxmox1 to Proxmox2 (and the other direction)?
PVE relies on ssh-public-key auth for some of its operations (including the vncproxy).

In any case you can try running `pvecm updatecerts` and see if this helps.
This was my solution for the same issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!