Cluster GUI Problems [SOLVED]

juliocbc

May 16, 2019
Hello!

I were using a cluster with 2 nodes in the same subnet without any problems. Today I've joined a new node from another subnet to the cluster. The 3rd node showed up in the GUI and everything appeared to be OK.

Suddenly the Cluster in WebGUI stopped to work. in this mean time, our 3rd server, had a little disk issue and got the Proxmox reinstalled.

So, in WebGUI the 2 nodes became "Stand Alone" and the Cluster stop to work in WebGUI, even with access to both servers on it.

pvecm status output:

Quorum information
------------------
Date: Wed May 15 20:19:55 2019
Quorum provider: corosync_votequorum
Nodes: 2
Node ID: 0x00000001
Ring ID: 2/1380
Quorate: Yes

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes: 3
Highest expected: 3
Total votes: 2
Quorum: 2
Flags: Quorate

Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
0x00000002 1 172.16.55.10
0x00000001 1 172.16.55.11 (local)

WebGUI (attached)

Where am I getting wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 20.21.34.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 20.21.34.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 4
So, in WebGUI the 2 nodes became "Stand Alone" and the Cluster stop to work in WebGUI, even with access to both servers on it.

How it stopped to work? Because the pvecm status and the screenshot show the to be expected things, one node is offline (the one which had disk issues, I'd guess) and the other twos are online and working, the output also shows:
[...]
Total votes: 2
Quorum: 2
Flags: Quorate

So all is well from the cluster stack perspective, or do I miss something?

Hello!

In WebGUI Cluster Status, the Join information is not available anymore, the only enabled buttons are to Create Cluster and Join another cluster, both servers are stand alone.

The actions like migration or some another options that depends do specify the node, are unavailable too. (None node is available to pick in these options)

Appears to be the WebGUI is not “synced” with the cluster daemon or something like that.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 07.49.48.png Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 07.50.04.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!