Proxmox Logs

Apr 26, 2018
I hope I am missing the obvious. I looked through the wiki and admin manual

Does Proxmox log configuration changes to guest systems? If so, where? For example, if I change the allocated RAM or CPU cores, does that change show up in any logs?

Thanks again. :)

Does Proxmox log configuration changes to guest systems? If so, where? For example, if I change the allocated RAM or CPU cores, does that change show up in any logs?

No, at the moment this changes are not directly logged in a easy visible way. There's the API access log, which could be used to see if there were changes at all to a specific VM by filtering through it after the API path, but that's quite raw and rudimentary.
In general it may really make sense to have such a change-log, maybe as opt-in cluster wide, could you please open a enhancement request at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/

Perhaps I misunderstand, but many users do not use clusters. Just nodes.

Cluster wide means node wide, if it's not a cluster. Better said, make such a thing available under "Datacenter -> Options", then if it's a cluster it gets done for all node and if not just for the stand alone one, where it was set.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!