Scheduled Backups Fail

Bisser

May 13, 2019
I searched the forum but did not find the answer to this problem. I scheduled a backup and it didn't start at all like I haven't done anything. I read a message somewhere to check if cron is running and yes it is. I am using 2 versions 5.4.3 and 5.4.5. And it happens on both.

What I did in more details is went to the Datacenter\Backup node and clicked Add then selected all days all nodes and all VMs to backup within 15 min or so then I waited 30 min and nothing happened. I can't see any logs in the log window and I can't find any backups anywhere.

I left the scheduled backup and it run 10 hours later than the scheduled time. My time zone is +10 the backup is scheduled to run at 00:30 but it actually run at 10:30 am. Is that normal? Is there a way to correct this so the backup runs at the time I have scheduled it for instead of running 10 hours later than the scheduled time?

You can set the system time zone in Datacenter>your-host-name>System>Time. Or from a root shell on the host ''dpkg-reconfigure tzdata''.
The Time Zone is set correctly already as I mentioned GMT +10. And the problem is not setting the time zone but the backup starts exactly 10 hours later than specified. It somehow adds the value 10 to the already specified hour for backup.

Which sounds suspiciously like the timezone is not set properly that the error is equal to the timezone offset. If you open a root shell and type ''date'', does it show the correct time?
Yes it shows the correct date and time. I will probably give it a reboot tonight and see if that fixes it.

If it doesn't resolve I think I will just use it the way it works I will simply add 10 hours to the backup schedule and move on to my next challenge :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!