Virtualizor KVM to Proxmox

oskobol

May 8, 2019
Hello, I currently own some dedicated virtualizer in KVM LVM RAW, I would like to migrate to Proxmox.

My dedicated ones are with Centos 6.1 do I need to switch to Debian?

Do I need to perform some sort of conversion on the disks or just create the VPS in Proxmox and assign the RAW LVM disks to them?

If I choose to make a backup of the disk, then perform a zero installation on the Dedicated Proxmox shortly after sending the LVM RAW disk backup, will it work?

Regarding RAW LVM discs, is not conversion required? just connect the VPS created by proxmox?

Which would be more suitable, for someone with a Centos 6.1 machine, with 10 VPS KVM being managed by VIRTUALIZZOR.

How do I install Proxmox on this machine?
Do I need to back up VPS (approximately 1TB)?
Or is there any way to install proxmox on the machine without losing data on disk?

If I choose to make a backup of the disk, then perform a zero installation on the Dedicated Proxmox shortly after sending the LVM RAW disk backup, will it work?
Generally yes but I don't know VIRTUALIZZOR. If they use standard KVM then it will work.

Regarding RAW LVM discs, is not conversion required?
No coversion is required.

Do I need to back up VPS (approximately 1TB)?
Backup is always good to have ;-)

I have the following disks, how do I send them to another server, to install proxmox on the server where these disks are and then send the disks to it?

[root@d ~]# cd /dev/vg
[root@d vg]# ls
vsv1724-dysroo14myw7rkkb-5hgqpqst2kforvfr
vsv1781-d76brbvwhsj0hkkk-rnm24cbfwlgu74jf
vsv2147-de2xqyd48oasfgls-yspitn6cqitnbqjs
vsv2533-d593pchust4bumxh-elt9yakmb5irg3yc
vsv2558-dyig6kwftfek7osw-ts0dfzk5ylkrnpgj
vsv2570-dngamfuh3tzsvfrs-bslb2scjcq3zoyyb
vsv2615-dh4vqiffshlq1zgy-9rs8vsbpdwhqjjlr
vsv2644-dx1b8ecerm2ma9zc-yg3x5vlyjf6ryxgu
vsv2700-dnapndjqpbq32yio-b2t7hydci4d0xhar
vsv2710-dk1y1j69gzq4cxeq-6gfy7maofngdgwys
vsv2713-dzlni6d4hm8cgvtl-bytprcwh0vldmb5m
vsv2729-ddcrgghdojcqoxgy-gci4fc6mcbv2h7mj
vsv2801-d5zls3qq710enjht-xrjbcrx5ubeeg6yn
vsv2802-dxkrbsybjbfvhdel-zden6xbsh8ifp44o
vsv2818-dn9rtkqwdwknizup-akdxymfdv1q19jxh
[root@d vg]#

Hello, I want to buy your module for Proxmox KVM, I know it is not from the area of the owners, but I would like to ask a question, how do you change the disks? I currently have some dedicated Centos 6.1 (Virtualizor KVM), I need to backup the VPS that are dedicated to format the system and install Proxmox. My question is how do I back up my discs? Currently LVM RAW, how is the backup performed?

I have the following disks, how do I send them to another server, to install proxmox on the server where these disks are and then send the disks to it?

If you're upgrading your centos install to proxmox AND leaving your VG intact, all you'd need to do is rename the LVs to match your new VMIDs, eg:

virtualizor ID 1724 -> proxmox VMID 100
# lvrename vg vsv1724-dysroo14myw7rkkb-5hgqpqst2kforvfr vm-100-disk-0

If you're planning on creating a new datastore, you can create the target lvm using new vm creation, and then dd restore the original raw image over the new logical volume.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!