CEPH OSD consuming all memory

Aug 13, 2018
Hello!

I have a a small CEPH cluster and one of the machines are using much more ram then the other. Every thing works fine except that all memory get consumed and then the all the swap. I have two identical machines, each with 12x2TB SATA disks and 40GB RAM and 8 core cpu. They have been in use for about ten months and up until now every thing has worked fine. They use to use around 80% of RAM but now one of them use 99% after an hour.

I have looked around and I can not understand why this is happening. Where would be the best place to start looking for a solution?

Hello!

I have a a small CEPH cluster and one of the machines are using much more ram then the other. Every thing works fine except that all memory get consumed and then the all the swap. I have two identical machines, each with 12x2TB SATA disks and 40GB RAM and 8 core cpu. They have been in use for about ten months and up until now every thing has worked fine. They use to use around 80% of RAM but now one of them use 99% after an hour.

I have looked around and I can not understand why this is happening. Where would be the best place to start looking for a solution?
Hi,
which versions you are running?
Which process need the most ram?

AFAIK there is/was an memory issue with ceph... get you the memory back if you restart the OSDs? (one by one)?

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!