[SOLVED] Proxmox web interface not opening

izghitu

Apr 4, 2018
Hi,

I was using proxmox on the server just fine for 2 years and suddenly after the last update I am no longer to access it.

All virtual servers are running fine, al services listening and accessible on the respective ports but when trying to access the web interface as usual I get:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to IP:8006.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

I found a thread where it was recommended to re-generate the SSL certificates for proxmox which I did but it did not help.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Hello there, What happened when you viewed the certificate? It is self-signed, and I think someone should allow you accept self-signed certs. Firefox moves it around?

Hello,

Have you tried to remove all caches and browsing data from your web browser?

Greetings

Hello there, What happened when you viewed the certificate? It is self-signed, and I think someone should allow you accept self-signed certs. Firefox moves it around?
Nothing happens, the page won;t load after I accept the certificate, the message I initially posted is displayed

just an update, the server not working was updated with apt-get upgrade recently.

I had one other server still working. After I ran apt-get upgrade on the working proxmox server it stopped working as well.

Both servers have different proxmox versions:
5.4-1 and 5.1-42

I rebooted both after the upgrade.

Please help

ok, further update

this is fixed now.

I fixed it by running:
apt-get dist-upgrade

on all my proxmox servers. Very strange issue and strange fix.

Thanks

Reactions: lhorace

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!