How to delete VM/CT RDD data?

yswery

May 6, 2018
I would like to be able to delete a specific VM/CT RRD data when removing the VM.

Currently using the API, But I can not see where to go about doing this.

The reason I want this, when we delete a VM and provision a brand new one we would like to have no unrelated historic RRD data when doing fetches for that vm/ct

Is this by any means possible? and if not through the API, is there another way of doing this?

Does anyone have any hints I could maybe look at in order to achieve this?

tl;dr I want to be able to clear our old VM graph data on deletion

Does anyone have any hints I could maybe look at in order to achieve this?

tl;dr I want to be able to clear our old VM graph data on deletion

rrd files are in /var/lib/rrdcached/db/pve2-vm

rrd files are in /var/lib/rrdcached/db/pve2-vm

Do we know if there is a way we can delete those through Proxmox (API or even web) the reason I ask since we have multiple nodes in our cluster and we kind of want to avoid the need to SSH into the node and then run a delete command in terminal. would be much cleaner to be able to delete via the proxmox ecosystem if there is a way

Do we know if there is a way we can delete those through Proxmox (API or even web) the reason I ask since we have multiple nodes in our cluster and we kind of want to avoid the need to SSH into the node and then run a delete command in terminal. would be much cleaner to be able to delete via the proxmox ecosystem if there is a way

In this folder you have all rdd files from cluster so no need to connect to all nodes to delete files. I don't think there is api way for this - such functionality would be used when you delete vm, but instead it's rrd file live there for ever.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!