Creating storage..... configuring

ieronymous

Apr 1, 2019
Hi

Since I came across many problems trying to make a simple installation of proxmox I ll try and divide the issues in different categories and make appropriate posts about them.
So about storage. I try to create a space for uploading the isos since the OS is being installed in a 32gb usb stick for testing purposes. So first I created a mirror Raid in zfs (2x1tb) but since with that one you cant store isos images I created a directory pointing to the zpool and inside there I m trying to store the isos. Fist of all was that a good practice or there was a better way for what I am trying to achieve????
Most important during directory creation from gui there is no way to specify size for that storage and Iam ending up with a 6.83gb (same as the size of the lvm-thin which is being created by default to the usb stick).
How can I expand or create from scratch the size I want for storage first from gui if possible and then from cli if there is no other way.

Thank you.

PS That message 99.77% (6.81 GiB of 6.83 GiB) I m getting for both lvm-thin and directory on zfs pool is the other problem I have issues with the uploading of a win serv iso of 4,3gb. It aways fails at different percentages each time either by gui or WinScp or Filezilla, different browsers with the messsage:
Code:
Problem:Upon tansfering a win server iso about 4,6gb I m getting the below error msg
incoming packet was garbled on decryption
and following
General failure (server should provide error description).
Error code: 4
Error message from server: Failure

Common reasons for the Error code 4 are:
- Renaming a file to a name of already existing file.
- Creating a directory that already exists.
- Moving a remote file to a different filesystem (HDD).
- Uploading a file to a full filesystem (HDD).
- Exceeding a user disk quota.

Last edited:
Really none????? ..... could have a clue of how to resize a directory created and pointed to a zfs pool in order not getting errors of 99% usage upon uploading iso files? Is there another way to add in a zpool a specific space for storing isos,bacjup files etc....?

Finally came across a very instructive guide and managed at least to create a zfs space and then bind it in the gui for the zpool and also gives options for setting size for the additional storage in order to have control over the procedure. Not but gui of course only by cli but who cares as long as makes the job done
Guide is from source https://forum.level1techs.com/t/how-to-create-a-nas-using-zfs-and-proxmox-with-pictures/117375

Now only thing remain is to find the way to resize the directory storage which one can create from gui only, going to cli afterwards and using zfs resize_maybe commands

I created a directory pointing to the zpool and inside there I m trying to store the isos. Fist of all was that a good practice or there was a better way for what I am trying to achieve????

Beter to create a dataset using cli (aka like a separate file sistem)

zfs create rpool/iso-repo

Then using gui add this /rpool/iso-repo like a folder.

Beter to create a dataset using cli (aka like a separate file sistem)

zfs create rpool/iso-repo

Then using gui add this /rpool/iso-repo like a folder.

Thank you for your answer but in exactly be above post I wrote exactly that. I managed to create that directory to the cli and then point it to a new added directory through gui. Also with cli had the advantage to set size (command set quotas) for the new space.
That is least of the issues I m having with that damn OS right now hhhahhha

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!