Can we change temperament?

lhorace

Oct 17, 2015
Hello,

When I needed help 3 years ago, it was a struggle, and I'm happy a few things have changed.

Helping someone, that person becomes defensive, and I think that's because of the temperament.

When I want to help out, the people I'm trying to help out, seem to have a offense to that.

I didn't start being smart, and these forums was never helpful.

Can we change that a bit?

As a company, your options is limited. However as a community, change the tone a bit. I comment about this because it just reminds me a bit when I first started using proxmox and get no response. The difference I'm asking, people are being a bit too defensive.

I want to help because those people and I using opensource software and you guys commitment hasn't change.

It feels like, the people who ask for help, I understand. All open source software community go through the same problem. But a well oil machine is better. You guys have income, so it's not in the same level as those who do it because they love open source.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!