swap rpool os disk / copy proxmox settings

XelNaha

Apr 6, 2019
Hi all,

I searched the forum and didn't see what I was looking for. If I didn't search properly apologies.

I am currently running proxmox on a set of HDD's and I want to move this to an SSD. I don't want to re-install ideally as I would have to setup all the settings again.
is there an easy way of just making a backup of the proxmox server, dump this somewhere, and re-import all the settings after installing proxmox to a new set of disks?

thanks,

Hi,
yes this is possible. I have the pve-config in puppet and can distribute all settings to an new installed server and switch after that the new disks to the old server and all works like before (I must set the registration-code again, but it's the same).
The last thing on the new installed server after the puppet run, was an restore of the /etc//pve-content. I'm not sure if this is nessesary, but it's works.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!