Proxmox VM

Devli

Apr 4, 2019
Hello, this week I was given a server with proxmox 2.6 this has 2 virtual machines and I need to access them remotely to make some configurations. I wanted to know if there is any software to enter the machines and if there is a possibility to move to a more recent version, since 2.6 had not seen it before.

Well first thing first.
You need to know what is running on the VMs .And what you need to do with them.
Second you need to know their host names and up.

Now since it proxmox go to the WebUI of the server and check some info. You may be able to figure out the host name and may be even ip there.
Try the vm consoles to see if you can login and maybe get the info from inside using cli.
If VMs are linux you can try ssh into it. If windows use rdp.
You do need to know a user and password to get into VMs.

Maybe someone can chime in on moving onto newer set up.

Well first thing first.
You need to know what is running on the VMs .And what you need to do with them.
Second you need to know their host names and up.

Now since it proxmox go to the WebUI of the server and check some info. You may be able to figure out the host name and may be even ip there.
Try the vm consoles to see if you can login and maybe get the info from inside using cli.
If VMs are linux you can try ssh into it. If windows use rdp.
You do need to know a user and password to get into VMs.

Maybe someone can chime in on moving onto newer set up.

hello, a vm is a mikrotik emulated the ip is 192.168.16.5 and in another windows server 2003 ip 192.168.16.1 the users and passwords I have but when wanting to connect with some software I can not connect to login.

What do you use to connect?
Microtic is a router? So I assume a web ui.
Try open youbrowser and navigate to the ip. Http or https

Server 2003 is an issue. Try using Windows 7 or xp rdp client if possible.
I had a good experience with mobaXterm on both windows and linux.

Good morning, I try to enter with the software you mentioned but I can not connect to the internal network. Is there any configuration to see the ports or ip so I can connect? I read several proxmox guides but I can not manage

Would you mind describing the setup more detailed?
By internal network do you mean inside proxmox host only?
Is so you may need to do some routing on the host. Not sure how it is done Proxmox. Maybe someone will chime in.
I usually create 2 bridges on host. External and internal. Add both to clients so I have access to both networks.
Or just run on same network as it is my home lab.

Did you try going in from proxmox WebUI console?

I am currently trying to enter from a PC with Windows 7 to the Windows Server 2003 virtual machine, to the Proxmox 2.6 server, physically login through the computer but by line command. When I try to enter proxmox on the web, I get a sign from Its Work.

I guess I need to be more specific sorry.
You need to set a step by step plan of atac.
So first thing first,
Can you get to proxmox web ui.
And I mean actually go and log in to it.
If yes, check all the info.
What/ how the VMs are setup and configured. What network config is there. Etc.

Try WebUI console for both VMs.
Can you login to them from the console.
If yes run network utils and see what config is there.
Check system logs.
Maybe you see something in the log that is helpfull.

Hi ,

For Mikrotik vm you can use winbox (try some older version) on any win os. It has auto discover, so you will be able connect on it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!