Fresh install ZFS (RAID1), can't boot after reboot

atec666

Mar 8, 2019
Issoire
Hello,

i've just installing Proxomox 5.3 on HP core i5 3470 16 Go , 2 x HDD 500 Go
Choosing ZFS RAID1 for this two drive, in order to have RAID 1 (i hope that ZFS , in RAID1 mode will not eat all my 16 Go memory ...).
Installing is ok, but when the computer reboot .... tadadadddadaa : PXE boot only !

Bios setup is legacy , when installing with one drive /dev/sda ... everything is ok.

Do you have an idea ?

(i'm newb with zfs, but skilled with mdadm ... and is working perfectly with pve 5.3 , from a debian vanilla install)

Trying to install on HP pro 3500 with uefi disabled , it seems proxmox install can't install grub on disk !
partition scheme ... with ZFS RADI1 install :
1MB biosgrub
539 MB B
499.6GB zfs ...

on sda and sdb but cant' boot ...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but were you able to figure this out? I’m running into this issue with Proxmox 7

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!