proxmox in google cloud, network

Frakir

Jan 20, 2016
I've set up proxmox in the google cloud.
For each external IP I have to set up different network and policy routing.
It works fine but I wasn't able to make the rules work during boot.
If I say in the terminal
ip route ad...
ip rule add ...
it works fine.
But when I put it to /etc/network/interfaces as "up" with an iface it doesn't work. Even more, there are no second, third etc ifaces in the /etc/network/interface.
I've tried to put "ip route|rule" commands in /etc/rc.local. I tried to put it in as systemd startup one-time service. I made a delay for the "ip route|rule" to start. Nothing. iptables works ther but ip route no. In the same setup on a physical server it works, in the google virtual machine no.
If I do the "ip route" manually it works. With autoboot no.

Maybe I do the wrong thing? Maybe there is a simple right way to put the "ip route" in the autoboot?

It's just a common virtual machine in google. With some tricks but still a common virtual machine. So there were no problems with Proxmox install.

You installed it in the fashion similar to the guide below?

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Stretch

Did you read through this and activate the VXM license in GCP?

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/enable-nested-virtualization-vm-instances

To enable nested virtualization, you must create a custom image with a special license key that enables VMX in the L1 or host VM instance and then use that image on an instance that meets the restrictions for nested virtualization.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!