[SOLVED] Fresh VE & Mail Gateway installation doesn't work

Kimmo H

Feb 19, 2019
Hi,
coming from vSphere & Xenserver world, i just installed my first Proxmox 5.3 VE to HP Proliant which went ok, and then added NFS ISO share, uploaded there proxmox-mailgateway_5.1-1-iso and start installation.

At the end it fails, see attachment. What went wrong, how should i proceed ? , is this common with Proxmox ?

Attachments

• px_mailgateway.png
    px_mailgateway.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
How much ram has the mail-gateway VM configured?

Ok, i made new install with 4GB memory and it went thru ok !

Maybe you should mention that minimum somewhere. But thank you, now i can test proxmox.

Maybe you should mention that minimum somewhere. But thank you, now i can test proxmox.
You're welcome!
It is written in the Administration Guide under point 2.4.1 Minimum System Requirements.

Have fun!

Thanks, now i have been trying to add just 1 domain but any emails are not coming thru. I have check several youtube videos, but e.g. /var/log/mail.log doesn't show anything and MX record was pointing to this new mail gateway virtualserver.

Can someone tell what is the minimum setup to have with 1 domain filtered and then relayd to our actual mailserver ? I have added domain to this:
Configuration -> Mail Proxy - Relay Domain

And domain + Host (actual mailserver) to this
Configuration -> Mail Proxy - Transports

But nothing gets thru, and nothing showing up in /var/log/mail.log ?

Oh and this VM is running inside ProxMox VE 5.3 , should i open some firewall from there ?

You need to have port 25 and 26 (pmg-internal port accessible from the internet if you want to receive mail - test from the outside with a mailserver (and check its logs) or with
`nc -v pmg.your.domain 25`

Hope this helps!

My bad. This was test installation and i just gave VM hostname something which DNS info didn't exists so other mailservers didn't like that. You can delete who conversation if wanted.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!