Proxmox and backuppc

Brian Read

Jan 4, 2017
I want to use backup pc runing on the proxmox host to backup some of my VMs.

I tried a "apt-get install backuppc" and it seemed to run through fine, although the one error I can see is this:

"adduser: Warning: The home directory `/var/lib/backuppc' does not belong to the user you are currently creating.

chown: cannot access '/var/lib/backuppc/log/*': No such file or directory"

However I am now getting the nightly backuppc emails, and it seems to be running, but I am unable to access the configuration webpage at:

http://<my proxmox>/backuppc

Actually when I access that it tries to download something, so I guess the cgi-bin stuff is not setup correctly.

Attaching the full install log.

Asking here in case there is something peculiar before wading in to backuppc support.

Attachments

• backuppc.log
    10.7 KB · Views: 1
Yes I could do, but I want to backup to an attached USB drive, and I have discovered that passing the USB drive through to a VM seems to write to the drive very slowly, so up to now I've just VXDumped the VM direct, but really want some incremental backup daily.

Sorry I can't provide help, I've no experience with BackupPC running on Debian, I only use Debian in proxmox context and all my linux (including backup server) are RedHat flavors.

Sorry I can't provide help, I've no experience with BackupPC running on Debian, I only use Debian in proxmox context and all my linux (including backup server) are RedHat flavors.

thanks anyway , hopefully there is someone out there who is using backuppc on proxmox or debian.

You can mount the drive locally on the proxmox server and add the storage to the cluster.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!