Can't see more than 3 usb mapped in my VM

jarenas

Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I'm trying to map 6 usb ports to my virtual machine (with Windows 10), I've got the 6 usb mapped, but in my vm I only can see three usb ports mapped, and there is no way to see the other 3, I tried restarting, and also editing the vm config file, but the other 3 usb ports don't appear in the vm.

I saw that one person had this problem too, but there wasn't any solution:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/vm-limited-to-3-usb-3-0-devices.39151/

I think that he is not talking about the same problem in the thread that you have posted.

I have the same problem here, I mapped more than 3 USB but there are only 3 in my vm.

Also I have another problem, for example:

I've got three USB mapped, and later I removed the mapping (they are still connected to the host), and I added other three ones, but sometimes and randomly appears one or two USB that I mapped the first time.

Thx

I thought its only patching the file to use more ports:
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm

You can either pass through a usb device, or a complete usb controller. Is it possible to add a controller to your host?

I thought its only patching the file to use more ports:
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm

You can either pass through a usb device, or a complete usb controller. Is it possible to add a controller to your host?
What do you mean with controller?

The USB-controller is bound to the PCI or PCIE bus in your host system, so you can figure out whats the pci-adress of your controller and pass it through to your VM.
You can do this via web gui like single USB-ports.

But if you do like in the link above, it should work to with more than 3 USB-devices.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!