LXC container secondry ip issue

victor5678

Jan 16, 2019
Hello,

I have created an lxc container through proxmox and installed cpanel on it. I am trying to add a secondary ip which is in different subnet than the main ip of the server. After going through various forums and applied the following fix, I was able to ping the secondary ip .

1, Use the same mac address as that of the main ip
2, Added the secondary ip without giving gateway
3, added arp filter related values in sysctl.conf

The problem is the main ip and the secondary ip pings/works simultaneously for certain amount of time. Then either one of the ip stops responds. Then after some time both starts work again. This goes on.

So please let us know what is the exact procedure for adding a secondary ip in different subnet to lxc container through proxmox. Also please let us know what need be done to fix the above issue I have mentioned.

You can try adding a second network interface to the container with the desired IP/network settings. This can be done in the GUI as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!