How can I rename the external rbd pool to something more meaningful?

ronweister

Mar 23, 2018
Currently, no matter what you put in the GUI, once you save the rbd pool, with whatever name, it always saves as rbd.

This interferes with adding multiple external rbd pools. Can you please suggest how I can counter this?

@Richard I am asking why the Proxmox GUI won't let me use any other name than rbd....Why is the option even there to change the pool name, when you proxmox GUI only lets you use "rbd" as the pool name.

This means that I am unable to add multiple rbd pools to ceph because proxmox only allows "rbd" as the pool name in GUI.

P.S. I am not asking how to change the pool name in ceph.

It is possible (also in WEB-GUI). Currently there is a bug https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2058 (thank you for detecting it, will be fixed soon) which has the effect that after configuration as poolname always 'rbd' is displayed, but despite this the configuration is as specified.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!