Random initramfs errors on VM (Ubunut 16.04/PVE5.2-1)

bferrell

Nov 16, 2018
I am getting periodic VM lockups, and when I reboot I get an initramfs error. I have no idea why this is happening, and I can rollback to the most recent snapshot, but I worry that eventually it's going to bite me.

Attachments

• initramfs.png
    initramfs.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 3
What PVE Version you running? What Task is running at the moment when the VM is locked? Are other VMs affected? What Storage you use? What shows your Monitoring? What do you see in your metrics?

Like I mention in the title, I'm running 5.2-1, and no, no other VMs on this host or on the cluster are affected. Very low utilization on the Node. It was running on local storage, but I moved it to an NFS mount on a FreeNAS share. It's a media wiki instance, with very little utlization, but I've not been on the guest looking when it happens, I just find that it has locked the next time I access it, when it reports the file system is read-only and it hangs on reboot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!