(Beginner) Windows explorer and Proxmox

brettauer

Jan 6, 2019
Good morning. Sorry for my bad english. I have a linux server with Proxmox installed with 4 virtual servers and workstations with XP windows 7 8 and 10 I can only view one server in resource management. I can visualize with putty inserting the IP the content in terminal format. I would like to see the content even in explorer resources for easy copy., delete etc.. How can I do? Thanks in advance

You want to share files from the node to the VMs?
If yes, thats normally not possible. Proxmox do not have such feature like VirtualBox have.

You can setup an Linux VM or Container and install an SMB share, this you can mount in the Win VM and on the Node, so your are able to share some files between all Server. If you have an VPN Tunnel, then you can mount the SMB share on your local computer too.

Reactions: brettauer
Thanks for the quick response. I am the user and the owner of the network (I am a doctor and the network is in my office). I want to try to do it alone. I have to update the files contained in one of the virtual servers. I can already 'see the content of the server (I think with Samba that I was installed). How can I also see the other servers to update the data ?. Thanks in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!