Supermicro Driver Install

Oct 14, 2018
Hello! :)

This may sound really stupid to some people but I really can't figure it out. I am trying to install the drivers for my supermicro motherboard (X11SSM). I downloaded the correct drivers and wrote them on a usb stick. Then I mounted the usb but from this point I don't really know what to do. Since I found pretty much nothing about this topic I hope you guys can help me. And also please keep in mind, I am not very experienced with Linux in general so I may just oversee the basic stuff.

Max :)

Hello! :)

This may sound really stupid to some people but I really can't figure it out. I am trying to install the drivers for my supermicro motherboard (X11SSM). I downloaded the correct drivers and wrote them on a usb stick. Then I mounted the usb but from this point I don't really know what to do. Since I found pretty much nothing about this topic I hope you guys can help me. And also please keep in mind, I am not very experienced with Linux in general so I may just oversee the basic stuff.

Max :)

Why do you think to need special drivers? Are there devices that don't work properly?

Are you sure you need drivers for this and there is no other HW Problem? Its really new for me that you have to install Supermicro drivers.
Im working in a datacenter and we are only using Supermicro HW, we build multiple Servers per day and install some OS on it, without any drivers and no customer complaints.

Are you sure you need drivers for this and there is no other HW Problem? Its really new for me that you have to install Supermicro drivers.
Im working in a datacenter and we are only using Supermicro HW, we build multiple Servers per day and install some OS on it, without any drivers and no customer complaints.

Yeah you were right! The problem was a rather old switch which apparently was not working properly. Thanks for the input :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!