Change the defaults for 'Backup Now'

shantanu

Mar 30, 2012
Hi,
I am using PVE 5.3 (with updates).
Is it possible to specify/change the defaults for the 'Backup Now' option?

The default is always 'local' for 'Storage' and 'LZO' compression.
I would like to have 'GZIP' as my default 'Compression' and possibly a different storage location.

upload_2018-12-9_12-1-51.png

Regards,
Shantanu

Is it possible to specify/change the defaults for the 'Backup Now' option?
no this is currently not possible for the gui, but you could open an enhancement request on our bugtracker [1], no promises though as to if/when we implement such a thing

1: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/

Reactions: shantanu
To change the default Backup mode for "Backup Now" from Snapshot to Stop:

Code:
sed -i 's/value: 'snapshot',/value: 'stop',/' /usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js

I think an ideal way for this to function instead were if it simply remembered the last setting you used, but it dont sound like this is a high priority item so I just edited the file.

Last edited:
To change the default Backup mode for "Backup Now" from Snapshot to Stop:

Code:
sed -i 's/value: 'snapshot',/value: 'stop',/' /usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js

I think an ideal way for this to function instead were if it simply remembered the last setting you used, but it dont sound like this is a high priority item so I just edited the file.
I tried this and it still used snapshot as default...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!