Remote access Internet

G

guedouarj

Hello everbody,

First, i will thank all the proxmox's developpers for their work !

Proxmos is really powerful and stable !

Anyway, I don't know how to have access to proxmox web management by internet, does I have to open a port in router ?

It will be nice because I can control my VM by external locations.

thanks !

Yes, you will have to open for the following ports to be able to access the proxmox ve server from outside your firewall/router:

22 - SSH Access
443 - HTTPS for remote management
5900 to 5999 - VNC for remote VNC console to your VM's

PS: If you run a firewall lock the ports to your own IP addres, for better security.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried and it didnt work, I know I just have have to redirect my port to the local ip 192.x.x.x where proxmox runs.

I tried to open TCP port 443 and no effects !

Do you have any other router from your SP infront of your router? If thats the case this router is blocking.

You proberly allready tried this, but try to type https:\\x.x.x.x:443

I have it working but I use another port that I redirect with NAT to 443.

Thank u, its all working !

The server crashed ( electricity problem ) and I got a message with a failure, I had to press control+D to get this working but my question is :

How to have remote access to press Control+D, by SSH ? But its hard because proxmox didnt started...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!