Translate Mail Gateway

ixproxmox

Renowned Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi,

Is it possible to translate the software? Many end-users would prefer local language (norwegian in this case). Both the spam-summary and the interface they get logged into.

I started reading, but this looked like a lot more work than just the translation-part - since I'm not at all familiar with git ;) If you could send me (and I'll update the file) or I could do it in my install, that would have been the only way I would have had time I think.

The git repository web interface gives you a browse option through which you can download individual files. They are stored in PO format, which is extremely useful for translation work because it offers nice features to deal with outdated translations, and if you want to work on the translations you should get yourself familiar with it.

Though they are getting pre-processed for being used by the web interface, and that used format is a bit more complex and not really useful for direct editing. You can find out a bit more on this in the wiki: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Translations - for the mail gateway you have to replace "pve" in the snippets at the top with "pmg". We are welcoming translation contributions, given that most people working here only speak English and German, with a few more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!