Mail bounced when using inbound smarthost

Thijs

Nov 17, 2018
Hi community,

I'm having an issue with the mail gateway when using a mail service. This service holds our mail when our mailserver isn't available, but doesn't do any spamfiltering. We use this service to hold the mail for example when we have an outage or when performing maintenance to our firewalls or servers.

The problem now is that after a short time the mail gateway starts blocking all mail from this mail service. The service is built op from some Iron ports (I believe 7), which have unique names and fixed public ip addresses.

How can I make sure that mail being delivered by these Iron ports is being filtered instead of being blocked. I've already tried raising the threshold, but this doesn't seem to do anything. Right now the mail gateway has no use in this scenario, but I'd like to use both the service and the gateway. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Regards,
Thijs

Usually the mailgateways logs (/var/log/mail.log, journalctl -r) should give you some indication, why the mails from the IronPorts get blocked.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!