New cluster using Proxmox 5

Mecanik

Mar 2, 2017
Hello,

First of all I must say that the latest Proxmox 5 GUI is amazing, top notch. I just setup a new cluster using 3 servers, and I have a weird problem.

The moment I enable the Firewall on the "Datacenter" level, the other 2 clusters show as offline. I tried allowing LAN/WAN IP's on the nodes but that did not help.

So now I got to do quite a few steps to disable the firewall on each nodes, and then on the "Datacenter" as well for the nodes to show back as "online".

Can you please tell me if any specific ports or rules must be set ? I really want to use the firewall on the "Datacenter" level.

Thank you!

Also... another question would be, if possible to enable HA for each new VM added as currently I see that you must select manually HA for each VM...

Resolved the HA set for every new VM launched, however I still cannot figure out the Firewall for the "Datacenter".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!