Urgent Problem

ProxUser3000

Dec 20, 2013
Hi,
today i modified the Proxmox SMTP Banner from ESMTP Proxmox to our mail gateway name.
As there were no problemes in the queues i thought everything is okay, but later my user reportet no mail is outgoing.

I changed it back, but still nothing is working.

What can i do?

i get errors like this:
Aug 21 19:19:27 mail postfix/smtpd[1001]: warning: smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions: non-null host address bits in "myipchangedbymeforforum/24", perhaps you should use "myipchangedbymeforforum/24" instead
Aug 21 19:19:27 mail postfix/smtpd[1001]: warning: mynetworks: non-null host address bits in "myipchangedbymeforforum/24", perhaps you should use "myipchangedbymeforforum/24" instead

if you censor the ip this way, nobody can tell you what the actual problem is, but from the error i guess you have a non null part in the ip like so: x.y.z.155/24 when it really has to be x.y.z.0/24

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!