Hardware fialur on Hypervisor How do I recover.

Sysadmin11

Jun 26, 2018
Still evaluating this for my company.

Running VMS with automatic replication. Simulated hardware failure on primary hypervisor. I can see the disk are replicated to the other node. Whats the easiest way to launch those as machines?

>>Running VMS with automatic replication.

You mean ZFS sync replication? How many PVE nodes, two (2) ?

>> Whats the easiest way to launch those as machines?

Well, if the VMs were running on the Primary (now offline) node, then first thing to do is to move the VM conf files to the correct directory so you can start them on the second (online) node.

That would be something like "mv /etc/pve/nodes/<offline_node>/qemu-server/1xx.conf /etc/pve/nodes/<online_node>/qemu-server/" .
Then, you should be able to see this VM on the second (online) node webgui and start it ... Repeat same steps for the other VMs.

*Important* If you have only 2 PVE nodes, then you must ensure that the cluster is quorate by temporary issuing "pvecm expected 1" on the surviving (online) node console. If you miss this step, then the /etc/pve mount will *not* be writable, hence you won't be able to move the vm.conf to the correct location, as described above ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!