Proxmox 5.2 Installer Bug

mac.linux.free

Renowned Member
Jan 29, 2017
Good morning,

I just tried to install PVE 5.2 on a new host. But at the language selection the error "Please select a country first" pops up with any country entered. I could not go on with the installation. With the 5.1 ISO everything is fine.

Please fix.

Thank you

mac

Hi,

can you be more precise because I don't know what you are mean?
If you mean the installer page with "Country, Time/Zone/Keyboard Layout"?
The country has to be set if you like to continue.

Yes this is not my first installation...the country is set in my case Germany...but you cannot continue after that.

Yes this is not my first installation...the country is set in my case Germany...but you cannot continue after that.

works for me. after you select the country, just click "next" - didn´t you get the next button? any screenshot?

I also tried a different country. e.g. Netherlands it is not working on my new
Intel® Xeon® Silver 4114 Processor Supermicro Server.

Tried also on a different server...everything is fine.

We have no Intel Xeon Silver 4114, so you have to provide more information.
Try to install in debug mode. After you get the error click on the "Abort" Button and you should see the errors reason.

Reactions: bobmc

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!