Lose mouse control with all distros

tl5k5

Jul 28, 2017
I had to rebuild my Proxmox server recently and now when I install any Linux distro VM, I lose mouse control as I do the first right click. Any ideas?
Code:
Kernel Version      Linux 4.15.15-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 4.15.15-6 
PVE Manager Version      pve-manager/5.1-52/ba597a64
Thanks!

what do you mean you lose mouse control?

Here's what I've found out so far.
I run Debian with Cinnamon DE on my laptop and use Vivaldi as my browser. On Debian, Manjaro and Centos testing VMs I could launch a noVNC web page and control the distro's desktop until I tried a right click. After this, most all clicking functionality (left or right) would stop. I was in the office for only a few mins today, but I tested a Windows 10 workstation with Firefox and I had no issues with mouse control. So I wonder what's happening. I will do some more testing later this week when I get back to the office.

I've found the issue to be the Vivaldi web browser running on my Debian laptop.
If I use it to connect with noVNC, the mouse/pointer has issues. If I do the same with Firefox on my laptop, I have no issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!