Error joying cluster

Lucas Brugneroto

May 9, 2017
Hello!

Im creating my cluster with the new web manager with the "join information" on the menu.
Using it I just copy and paste the join information, fill the root password and the 2nd server is on the cluster now and all appears working fine.

But the screen of "join cluster status" show some errors, i cant remember the errors because its disappear too fast, how can i check if all is right on my cluster now?!

Thanks.

But the screen of "join cluster status" show some errors, i cant remember the errors because its disappear too fast, how can i check if all is right on my cluster now?!
during cluster join it can happen that some api calls fail (because we need regenerate the certificates on the joining nodes and restart the webserver, etc.)
this is nothing special and if now everything works, you get no error and the clusterjoin tasklog does not have any error messages, it should be fine :)

during cluster join it can happen that some api calls fail (because we need regenerate the certificates on the joining nodes and restart the webserver, etc.)
this is nothing special and if now everything works, you get no error and the clusterjoin tasklog does not have any error messages, it should be fine :)

image.jpg

I see the server h61 cant access the storages from h62, its normal?

I see the server h61 cant access the storages from h62, its normal?
yes, and you should configure your storages so that they are only defined for the nodes that can access them (in datacenter->storages->edit->nodes)

I found the log from joincluster task:

Etablishing API connection with host '10.0.0.62'
Login succeeded.
Request addition of this node
Join request OK, finishing setup locally
stopping pve-cluster service
backup old database to '/var/lib/pve-cluster/backup/config-1523535527.sql.gz'
waiting for quorum...OK
(re)generate node files
generate new node certificate
merge authorized SSH keys and known hosts
generated new node certificate, restart pveproxy and pvedaemon services
successfully added node 'h61' to cluster.
TASK OK

All right, right? Thanks for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!