freepbx delay with kvm

silvered.dragon

Renowned Member
Nov 4, 2015
I have a freepbx with 5 trunks and 40 extension, everything in my network is very fast and I can ping the voip provider around 15ms. I receive random delay when calling or receiving even through the internal network. I read that asterisk virtualized is not a good idea and this is true cause on a test phisical host the problem doesn't happens. I'm using g729 and g722 as codecs. Is there some tweeks to improve the voip performance? I read about Multiqueue in the virtio interface but I don't know how to implement this.
many thanks

Did you try to run freepbx in a LXC container.
this is not possible, freepbx comes in a complete centos distro, is possible to install freepbx on top of a debian or centos installation but I didn't had success with this, I always received permission errors due the container limitations

I too failed installing freepbx in a container with centos template. But I guess that is because of the install guide from freepbx.

What did work however was creating a new container with centos template and then copying the contents of a freepbx vm root filesystem into the container root filesystem. This is working fine for me. Please note that I use this at home and as such don't have that many extensions and people using the system.

I've actually installed freepbx in a container, and it is working well with one trunk line. The container comprises of ubuntu-14.04 and asterisk, the version that was built from source a year ago.

If any of you wanted to test it, let me know.

Thanks,

TP

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!