HP Gen9 ZFS Boot Smartarray 440ar

I appreciate that this is frustrating, but you have two choices whenever deploying any form of solution- pay for it or learn how to do it yourself. all your questions are answerable by googling generally and searching this forum specifically. If you are unable/unwilling to research and give up, I doubt anyone here will be offended.

IF you want to boot from a hardware raid volume, you have to specify it as the booting lun in your controller bios. you can start here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02289065.pdf

IF you want to boom from a zfs lun and are getting stuck in grub, you may wish to consult the Proxmox documentation, which is pretty good- have a look here: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/ZFS:_Tips_and_Tricks#Grub_boot_ZFS_problem
I appreciate your interesting in my problem. I've found that using UEFI + ZFS i can boot using the install usb in rescue mode. So i thought... is it possible to install grub on a USB stick, boot from it telling to boot the ZFS pool?

I appreciate your interesting in my problem. I've found that using UEFI + ZFS i can boot using the install usb in rescue mode. So i thought... is it possible to install grub on a USB stick, boot from it telling to boot the ZFS pool?

sure, you can do custom boot configurations however you want - booting from a different device than where your rpool is located is entirely possible if you know what you are doing.

Reactions: tuonoazzurro
I've managed how to install grub on efi partition on a USB drive. So the system boot to USB drive containing an efi partition and now the system start. Thanks for your help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!