How can I check raid status?

jjc27017

Dec 14, 2017
May I ask how can I check with raid status as I install from proxmox iso and choose zfs(raid10) options?
I install with 4 hard drive (1TB for each) and it can show correctly space, but I can't find any command to see the status of raid (which is primary or secondary) ...

there is no such thing as primary or secondary in ZFS. you can use "zpool status" to check the status of a pool, see "man zpool" for more details.

there is no such thing as primary or secondary in ZFS. you can use "zpool status" to check the status of a pool, see "man zpool" for more details.

May I ask if I run as raid10 in zfs, can it change automaticly when one of them crash down?

if you use mirrors, one disk of each mirror can fail without losing data. I am not sure what you mean with "change" in this context..

if you use mirrors, one disk of each mirror can fail without losing data. I am not sure what you mean with "change" in this context..

Sorry for my poor English... I mean if one of disk fail, can the system still running without downtime or it may need some change about the mirror? The “change” mean the failed disk switch from the correct one.(I think it cannot do that automatically)

Hello,
if a disk dies the zpool is in degraded state and will still function although if you lose another drive the pool may be broken
You can replace the drive and then start the resync with the zpool replace command

Hello,
if a disk dies the zpool is in degraded state and will still function although if you lose another drive the pool may be broken
You can replace the drive and then start the resync with the zpool replace command

Many thanks ! This is what I want to know. And thank you the bro above, thank you all.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!