[SOLVED] LXC container - No CPU/Memory usage, firewall settings have no effect

albans

May 7, 2015
Hi,

I'm using Proxmox VE 4.4-1.

Recently, one of my LXC container stopped showing values within the pve admin interface. CPU usage, memory usage & swap usage are always showing 0%... even do the LXC container is running and using CPU, memory & swap!

On top of that, I've realised that the firewall rules defined within proxmox have no more effect on the container, even if firewall is enabled on both the virtual eth interface and the firewall options panel at the container level.

I've to run iptables command within the container to change the firewall parameters for that particular LXC container.

Any idea of what could have happened and what shall I do to in order to get proxmox able to monitor resources usage and change firewall parameters?

Thx for your help.

Found my issue for the firewall parameters: centos 7.4 update re-enabled firewalld which was creating additional rules within the container.
I disabled it and all good now with the firewall:
Code:
systemctl stop firewalld
systemctl disable firewalld

BUT, I still can't see resource usage within the pve admin UI... Any clue?

After reboot of the proxmox host, the resource usage within the pve admin UI is back...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!