Install Ceph Server on Proxmox VE (Video tutorial)

I started with a new installation
did everything as per documentation but when I come to the step to create the new monitor - I get
rados_connect failed - No such file or directory
Any ideas?
(the cluster is working with its own interface, and I have a dedicated interface for ceph - I can ping all the nodes)

Reactions: Dragan Toroman
Last edited:
hi guys i´m trying to install freeipa on proxmox lxc using centos 7 but till now no success any link chat can helpe me please.
How to set this up? thanks

what u mean open a new thread? can u be more specific please? Turns out that I´m new in proxmox tecnology
Hi,
that has nothing to do with proxmox tecnology!

Use your right scrollbar at the browser window (drag down!) and you will see that there are more threads in this forum.
For different problems different threads...
And more than one page.

Udo

How can i enable the console? i´ve just used firefox, chrome and safari but still nothing.
please open a new thread for your problem (The "post new thread" button in the top right of the forum)
so that this thread does not get unnecessary cluttered

What procedure is when one node fail. How to recover cluster?
Hi,
create an new one, and use there the OSDs from the failed node.
A short resync and all will be fine (than you can remove the mon from the failed node and add the mon on the new node again).

If your osd lost too - create new ones and the resync (in ceph speaking backfills) take (lot) more time but work without trouble (with an more or less perfomance-impact, which depends on your hardware and ceph-settings).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!