[SOLVED] VE v5.0 Beta2 Install Freezes @ "create partitions 0%"

Jun 19, 2017
I'm attempting to install Proxmox VE 5.0 Beta2 onto an NVMe SSD from a USB installer. I followed the instructions and used etcher.io to flash the USB. The installer booted right up, and I went through the initial setup, but it immediately freezes at "create partitions 0%" when it gets to that point.

To be thorough, I used GParted to go in and completely wipe the NVMe SSD so that it was entirely unallocated space, but the result was the same.

I then swapped out the NVMe for a conventional 2.5" SSD, just to troubleshoot, but it had the exact same results.

I then tried the VE 4.4 installer instead, where it installed without issue.

Just thought I'd let someone know, to see if this was a known issue of some kind. I'm happy with 4.4 for now, though.

First suggest, wait for 5.0 release.
Second, try to burn Proxmox ISO onto CD/DVD.

I think I've hit the same problem, attempting to install the Proxmox VE 5.0 Release onto a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD. This is a fresh install on new hardware.

I've updated the ASRock Z270 PRO4 BIOS to the latest 2.00 release, disabled secure boot and set the NVMe to the first boot device.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

will be fixed in the next release of our iso.

The initial 5.x installer could not install/boot, this is fixed with the current ISO.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!