[SOLVED] Cannot restart container

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hi.

I set up a brand new Proxmox instance on a fresh server, created a few containers. Some of them, once stopped, won't restart. When using pct start CT_ID from CLI, I get this error:

Job for lxc@252.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status lxc@252.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
command 'systemctl start lxc@252' failed: exit code 1

systemctl status gives me:

lxc@252.service - LXC Container: 252
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/lxc@.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/lxc@.service.d
└─pve-reboot.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2017-07-23 17:23:27 UTC; 3min 28s ago
Docs: man:lxc-start
man:lxc
Process: 3488 ExecStart=/usr/bin/lxc-start -n 252 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

juil. 23 17:23:21 khroma systemd[1]: Starting LXC Container: 252...
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma lxc-start[3488]: lxc-start: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 366 The container failed to start.
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma lxc-start[3488]: lxc-start: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 368 To get more details, run the container in foreground mode.
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma lxc-start[3488]: lxc-start: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 370 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma systemd[1]: lxc@252.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma systemd[1]: Failed to start LXC Container: 252.
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma systemd[1]: lxc@252.service: Unit entered failed state.
juil. 23 17:23:27 khroma systemd[1]: lxc@252.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Can someone help? BTW, I'm using the very latest upgrades of Proxmox (5.0.23/af4267bf).

Thanks in advance!!

lxc-start gives me:

lxc-start: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 366 The container failed to start.
lxc-start: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 368 To get more details, run the container in foreground mode.
lxc-start: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 370 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.

Hi,

maybe container content got corrupted?, i get this a lot with Proxmox 5.x. First i thought this is some fiberchannel issue with my cluster. Last week i saw this issue on a standalone system with local lvm storage. Container stopped to start or complain that files got missing/corrupted.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!