Network sometimes freeze my migrated Ubuntu 17.04 KVM VM

vamp

Jun 24, 2017
Hello there,

Some days ago i migrate my physical server to Proxmox. (I use Clonezilla)

Everything is working well, but sometimes the network is freeze in my VM. If it happened, not possible to restart network with /etc/init.d/networking restart (it stuck and only stop with ctrl-c) Only way if i restart my VM.

I think it possible that is related to the Transmission daemon on my VM, becouse if i download something, it is hight chance that it will freeze...

If need, i able to attach some log, that if you help me, what the correct log in this case...:)

Some info:

- I install Proxmox with same PC that the physical machine running before and never affect similar problem in the past. (so it not a hardware problem)
- I use the Virtio network card, with bridged mode.

I use latest Proxmox.

Last edited:
Everything is working well, but sometimes the network is freeze in my VM. If it happened, not possible to restart network with /etc/init.d/networking restart (it stuck and only stop with ctrl-c) Only way if i restart my VM.

From the test I conclude your guest OS is Linux (Debian?). Are the intersfaces still available? Are they "UP"? If yes - if you send fro / to it IP packets: are they visible at the other side of the connection bridge-port <-> virtual NIC?

I think it possible that is related to the Transmission daemon on my VM, becouse if i download something, it is hight chance that it will freeze...

If need, i able to attach some log, that if you help me, what the correct log in this case...:)

run

Code:
pvereport

at Proxmox' command line, post the result an specify which VM makes troubles.

Most probably something is wrong inside the VM.

From the test I conclude your guest OS is Linux (Debian?).

Yes, It is a Linux (Ubuntu 17.04)

Are the intersfaces still available? Are they "UP"? If yes - if you send fro / to it IP packets: are they visible at the other side of the connection bridge-port <-> virtual NIC?

If the network is broken, i able to ping myself "localhost" bit i cant ping outside (other machine in my network or Internet)

I attach the pvereport file

Attachments

• log.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 2
If the network is broken, i able to ping myself "localhost" bit i cant ping outside (other machine in my network or Internet)

Is the interface inside VM still active and well configured? Figure it out by

Code:
ip addr

inside VM.

Now is broken again (i download a big file via Transmission)

Other info. If this happen and i restart my VM, if it shutting down, i see that the shutdown process can"t stop "transmission bittorrent daemon" and need to wait 25-40 seconds that the system (force)close it.

A attach the logs(i make all logs when can't ping only localhost ):

- ip addr command result
- ping localhost
- ping gateway
- pvereport

Attachments

• ip_log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ping_gateway.txt
    522 bytes · Views: 0
  • ping_myself.txt
    522 bytes · Views: 0
  • report01.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
Yes, i replace Transmission to Deluge and move to VM from NAS to Local storage. It solve the problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!