Updating Proxmox HA Nodes reboot mid updating

talos

Renowned Member
Aug 9, 2015
Hi,

i have a small Proxmox Cluster with 3 Nodes and enabled HA for this Cluster. With enabled HA i have trouble updating the nodes, at some point apt restarts the updated Proxmox Services and rebuilds the initrd for the Kernel, at this step Proxmox (watchdog?) restarts the node because it is not responding in time and apt/dpkg fails to complete because it got interrupted with a reboot. After reboot i have to continue the package updates and reboot again to get the new kernel bootet.

Is there a way to stop Proxmox rebooting the host on package update? or a way to disable this watchdog functionality?

Thanks

sj

Hi,

i have a small Proxmox Cluster with 3 Nodes and enabled HA for this Cluster. With enabled HA i have trouble updating the nodes, at some point apt restarts the updated Proxmox Services and rebuilds the initrd for the Kernel, at this step Proxmox (watchdog?) restarts the node because it is not responding in time and apt/dpkg fails to complete because it got interrupted with a reboot. After reboot i have to continue the package updates and reboot again to get the new kernel bootet.

Is there a way to stop Proxmox rebooting the host on package update? or a way to disable this watchdog functionality?

Thanks

sj

there was a bug in older versions of the corosync package where the corosync service was stopped at the beginning of the upgrade and started again at the end. if the steps inbetween took too long, a node could get fenced. this should not happen anymore with the recent corosync packages, because corosync only gets restarted at the end now.

Reactions: talos

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!