PVE 5beta Nested Install

Kmgish

May 31, 2015
California
These screen shots are from my PVE test environment which is a single host with nested PVE clusters. I've been using this setup for a while now to test and play with ceph. Using the pve 5 iso the install failed whereas the pve 4 iso completed successfully on the same vm. Any thoughts on why?

pve5fails.png pve5error.png pve4works.png

Please run the installer in debug mode, and inspect the content of /tmp/install.log to get details about the problem.

please do the following after the failed installation, while in the debug shell:
Code:
vgremove pve
pvremove /dev/vda3
sgdisk -Z /dev/vda

and reboot and reinstall.

please do the following after the failed installation, while in the debug shell:
Code:
vgremove pve
pvremove /dev/vda3
sgdisk -Z /dev/vda

and reboot and reinstall.

Ok, so this worked for me and I was able to install from the pve5 iso just fine. It seems the cause of my original issue stemmed from removing a vm and then creating a new vm using the same name. I was able to easily recreate the problem. I guess my only question now is why this is not an issue with the 4.4 iso. Perhaps it doesn't really matter now that I'm aware of this behavior.
Thanks for your help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!