2 nodes for proxmox

ELS_sean

Jan 12, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Hi all,

I am setting a small 2 node proxmox 4.4 cluster for my home lab and am looking for best practices. It looks like drbd is no longer supported so I guess I'm limited to ceph. Each physical machine has a single 2 TB drive in it so I was looking at some sort of synced storage solution. I only run 4 or 5 VMs on each box so any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sean

Well that seems like a reasonable solution. Will I need to relay the OS with ZFS or should I install the ZFS on top of the LVM partition?

Sean

Do I need to do anything else? Like run corosync or something? I wsould like to be able to migrate VMs back and fourth for rebalancing and learning purposes.

Last edited:
Zsync will not allow you to migrate between hosts. One solution can be to divide your disk space by 2 on each server. Then install a NFS server that point to the 1st and 2nd space on each server. Then do crossed backups between servers (use space 2 for backups). For live migration, you will have to wait PVE v5 (local storage migration with qemu). For stopped VM migration, changing the storage and moving the VM should do the job. Anyway, consider the transfert time.
An other solution is to use ceph but I still didn't played with it.

For Migrations use an exteran storage with for example NFS... a big fat san ;) or use ceph. Ceph is really one of the best options :) love it :)

Wait too for PVE5, very interessting about the new feature ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!