Proxmox 4.4 Unable to boot from scsi1 (VirtIO-SCSI)

chrone

Apr 15, 2015
planet earth
Hi All,

I found Proxmox 4.4 unable to boot VM if hard disk is listed as scsi1 even though the boot order is set to scsi1. Proxmox found no bootable disk if I set scsi1 in boot order.

I was testing Ubuntu 16.04.2 Linux RAID1 for one drive failure simulation and unable to boot second drive due to this. I had to renamed hard disk scsi1 to scsi0 and switch back the boor order to scsi1 to make it bootable.

I ran some test on single VM without RAID, changed the hard disk name manually from scsi0 to scsi1 and set the boot order accordingly, Promox still could not found bootable drive.

It seemed Proxmox only recognize scsi0 as bootable and not the others scsi drives. This is not a major issue, but would love to see this fixed on next version. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!