translating Proxmox VE Administration Guide into chinese

laowolf

Renowned Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm from chinese, and I've been using Proxmox VE for about 3 years from edition 3.2 to 4.4. I think Proxmox VE is amazing, and I like this project very much. The problem is there is barely no technology guide writen in chinese at all. So I decided to translate "Proxmox VE Administration Guide" into chinese by myself and I have made a big progress for nearly finishing translation of chap 12. For now I have two questions:

1. I've noticed that "Proxmox VE Administration Guide" is following "GNU Free Documentation License", is there anying I should notice while distributing the translation?

2. Is there a way to devote this translation to Proxmox VE project like pve-doc? How should I do that?

1. I've noticed that "Proxmox VE Administration Guide" is following "GNU Free Documentation License", is there anying I should notice while distributing the translation?

You just need to conform to all clauses in that license.
But the license is quite liberal, so a simple translation is no problem ...

2. Is there a way to devote this translation to Proxmox VE project like pve-doc? How should I do that?

I still had not time to learn chinese, and AFAIK we do not have someone in the team able to read it, sorry. So I guess it is
best to host that on your own web sites (or github?). You can post a link on the Forum to refer to that documentation.

You just need to conform to all clauses in that license.
But the license is quite liberal, so a simple translation is no problem ...

I still had not time to learn chinese, and AFAIK we do not have someone in the team able to read it, sorry. So I guess it is
best to host that on your own web sites (or github?). You can post a link on the Forum to refer to that documentation.

thanks for replying.
download link
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qX88UZi

password:qkt7

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!